From PF Online: Filtration: A Simple Solution for a Big Problem: New Product From: Products Finishing, Edited by Hannah Coombs, Assistant Editor from Products Finishing ~ Posted on: 2/1/2017 ~ Filter Press Cloth Blinding can be a major issue. Precoating might be the answer.
AquaMatic Valves & Controls Product Line: AQ Matic is a newly created company by Walter Senney, president and owner of Met-Chem Group, headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio. AQ Matic was established to manufacture, sell and service the AquaMatic Valves and Controls product line.
Filter Press Case Study: No time to Waste - Emergency Filter Press Repair and Replacement: The client contacted Met-Chem with an immediate need for repair. Aside from the safety concerns of a damaged press, a filter press cannot run with a broken skeleton. For this application, waste was continuously generated, which rendered this an emergency situation.
More Filter Press and Clarifier Articles >>
How does a clarifier work?
A Met-Chem clarifier uses a parallel plate design. Water is fed into the inlet trough of the flocculation tank. The wastewater and polymer flocculant are introduced simultaneously in the flocculation mixing chamber, if that option is selected. The flocculated water then flows over the first baffle, then under the second and finally flows to the body of the clarifier. The overflow/underflow allows time for the solids to gain size so that they settle out more easily. The wastewater is then directed to the bottom of the cone and back up through the plate pack. Some solids will settle as the waste stream makes its way to the clarifier cone. However, some particulate will be pushed up to the plate packs. The 60 degree angle of the plates provides a highly effective settling area in a small footprint. As some solids are forced up to the plate pack they start to settle upon each other gradually becoming heavier and ultimately slide down the plate pack to the clarifier cone. The clean water overflows from the effluent port and is suitable to proceed to the drain to city sewer or to an inspection tank. Sometimes a portion or all can be polished and reused. The clarifier sludge is then pumped from the bottom of the clarifier into a sludge thickening tank to feed a Met-Chem filter press.
While Filter Presses have been the focus of Met-Chem manufacturing for many years. We have built a solid reputation for building quality Filter Presses, Clarifiers, Sludge Dryers, Complete Waste Treatment Systems, Filter Cloths and Filter Press Plates and Parts. Our pollution control equipment has been used in a variety of industries from plating and metal finishing to chemical and food processing and bio diesel industries to name a few.
Recently Added Used Products
- Filter Press: 125-G Used Filter Press, 2.75 cu.ft.
- Filter Press: 124-G Lanco Used Filter Press, 1.75 x 2.75 cu.ft.
- Filter Press: 123-G Lanco Used Filter Press, ½ x 1.75 cu.ft.
- Filter Press: 121-G Sperry used filter press, 2.5 cu.ft.
- Filter Press: 120-G Waterlink filter press, 3.5 cu.ft.
- Filter Press: 119-G JWI used filter press, 2.25 cu.ft.
- Filter Press: 118-G JWI style used filter press, 3.5 cu.ft. capacity
- Filter Press: 117-G JWI used filter press, 8 cu.ft.
- Clarifier: 373-B 180 GPM Met-Chem Clarifier
- Clarifier: 372-B 228 GPM Parkson Lamella Clarifier
- Filter Press: 116-G MW Watermark used filter press, 9 cu.ft.
- Filter Press: 115-G - Used Durco Style Filter Press, 95
- Filter Press: 114-G - Shriver used filter press, 8 cu.ft.
- Filter Press: 113-G - Lanco used filter press, 2.5-3.5 cu.ft.
- Clarifier: 371-B - 120 GPM Met-Chem used clarifier
- Clarifier: 370-B - 120 GPM Met-Chem used clarifier
- Filter Press: 110-G - JWI filter press, 7 cubic foot,
- Filter Press: 111-6 - JWI filter press, 13 cubic foot,
- Filter Press: 112- G - JWI filter press, 13 cubic foot,
- RECONDITIONED Filter Press-106G JWI, 7 cu.ft. exp to 8 cu.ft
- RECONDITIONED Filter Press-107G JWI, 7 cu.ft. exp to 8 cu.ft
- RECONDITIONED Filter Press-171-F used Pacific filter press, 12.5 cu.ft.
- RECONDITIONED Filter Press-192-F Used JWI Filter Press cu.ft.
- Filter Press: 109-G Lanco used filter press, 6.5 cu.ft.
- Filter Press: 101-G JWI used membrane filter press, 175 exp to 200 cu.ft.
- Filter Press:104-G JWI used filter press, 2 cu. ft. capacity
Used Products Listing Updates
- Clarifier: 332-B 60 GPM Waste Water Treatment
- Clarifier: 394-A 75 GPM inclined plate
- Clarifier: 389-A 60 GPM
- Clarifier: 309-B 60 GPM with floc box,
- Clarifier: 399-A 60 GPM incline plate, Floc tank, mixer,
- Clarifier: 397-A 60 GPM with floc box
- Clarifier: 376-A 120 GPM Lanco style used clarifier
- Clarifier: 324-B 90 GPM 2 cones
- Clarifier: 318-B 75 GPM 3 cones
- Clarifier: 388-A 60 GPM polypro packs
- Clarifier: 384-A 100 GPM Lancy-style inclined plate
- Clarifier: 383-A 60 GPM Lancy-style inclined plate
- Clarifier: 343-B 90 GPM Waste Water Treatment
- Clarifier: 328-B 120 GPM High Temp App
- Clarifier: 316-B Parkson 120 GPM
- Filter Press: 118-C JWI, 5 cu. f t.
- Filter Press: 136-B ACS, 5 cu. ft.
- Filter Press: 118-B Met-Chem, 5 cu. ft.
- Filter Press: 121-E JWI, 5.5 cu. ft.
- Filter Press: 191-D JWI, 6 cu. ft.
- Filter Press: 154-C Diaganex, 5 cu. ft.
- Filter Press: 136-D JWI, 5 cu. ft.
- Filter Press: 113-E Met-Chem style, 5 cu. ft.
- Filter Press: 180-B Filtratec, 4 -1/2 cu. ft.
- Filter Press: 157-C ACS, 4.5 cu. ft.
- Filter Press: 141-D Duriron 4.5 cu. ft.
- Filter Press: 186-BG Met-Chem style, 4 cu. ft.
- Filter Press: 110-E JWI, 4 cu. ft.
- Filter Press: 117-D PAC, 3.25 cu. ft.
- Filter Press: 164-A ACS, manual, 3 cu. ft